Helping young people succeed helps our families, our neighborhoods, and our community thrive. Through early childhood education, out-of-school enrichment, and other support, we are helping prepare the next generation to lead our families, businesses, and communities.
United Way Bright Beginnings
This innovative early childhood education program, a partnership between United Way and ExxonMobil, prepares kids to succeed in school and in life.Learn more
Out 2 Learn
This public-private partnership expands access to high-quality out-of-school programming for all Houston-area youth.Learn more
Funded Partners Addressing Early Childhood & Youth Development
United Way invests in and partners with the following nonprofit organizations to support early childhood and youth development.
- Alexander Jewish Family Service
- The Alliance
- AVANCE-Houston, Inc.
- Avenue CDC
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Lone Star
- Boy Scouts of America-Sam Houston Area Council
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Houston, Inc.
- The Bridge Over Troubled Waters
- Children’s Museum Houston
- Chinese Community Center
- Cy-Hope, Inc.
- Easter Seals of Greater Houston
- Fort Bend County Women’s Center, Inc.
- Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council
- Girls Empowerment Network
- Girls, Inc. of Greater Houston
- Houston Area Urban League
- HYPE Freedom School
- Katy Christian Ministries
- Multicultural Education and Counseling Through the Arts
- Partnership for the Advancement & Immersion of Refugees
- The Salvation Army, Greater Houston Command
- SEARCH Homeless Services
- Texas Hearing Institute
- Urban Enrichment Institute
- Wesley Community Center
- Writers in the Schools
- YMCA of Greater Houston
Learn more about the impact of our early childhood & youth development work
With help from the United Way Young Parents’ Child Care Scholarship and United Way THRIVE, Jessica finished school and started a new career.
Armando Silva from United Way funded partner, MECA, talks about partnering with United Way to create impact in our community.
In United Way Bright Beginnings, Laura’s social and emotional skills blossomed, and she built the foundation to be a star student.
Just dial 211 for free and confidential help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year in many languages.