United Way Project Blueprint trains tomorrow’s nonprofit board leadership, ensuring that Greater Houston’s nonprofit sector reflects the rich diversity of our community.
United Way Project Blueprint broadens Houston’s nonprofit board diversity through:
Expanded opportunities for professional growth and community involvement
Connecting Project Blueprint graduates with nonprofit board opportunities
What is Project Blueprint?
This unique program prepares emerging and current leaders in our multicultural community for leadership roles on nonprofit and public sector boards and committees.
The group meets regularly for about two months of curriculum sessions, starting with a retreat and culminating in a graduation.
Why Should You Apply?
- Leadership skills that translate to for-profit and nonprofit settings
- Connection to like-minded professionals
- Deeper awareness of community challenges
- Connections to nonprofit board or committee opportunities
- Alumni network of more than 900 graduates
Who Should Apply?
Members of Houston’s ethnically diverse community
Those with demonstrated leadership ability
Those involved in our community
How to Apply
Applications for the Spring 2023 cohort are now closed. If you would like to receive information when the Fall 2023 application opens, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants may be:
- Nominated by Project Blueprint alumni
- Corporate sponsorship
- Online application
- Application review by Project Blueprint alumni
- Candidate interviews
- Application fee if accepted
What is the Commitment?
Applicants are committing to:
- Two months of weekly evening group sessions (in person and virtual)
- Saturday morning volunteer in-person project
- A weekday group retreat
- Graduation celebration
*Covid regulations permitting
What is the Cost?
The one-time fee to participate in the class is $675 – much more affordable than other leadership development programs.
Alumni & Referrals
Nominate a professional of color for an upcoming Project Blueprint class and find out about staying in touch as alumni.Learn more
Meet the Class
Meet Project Blueprint Class XLI and see what the graduates have to say about their experience.Learn more