“It’s all about how we help children reach their full potential, so that when they go to school, they’re right where they need to be.”
United Way Bright Beginnings center director
United Way Bright Beginnings, a partnership between United Way of Greater Houston and ExxonMobil, is an innovative early education program designed to help children from lower-income families achieve social, emotional, physical and cognitive milestones and enter school ready to succeed. Bright Beginnings’ hands-on curriculum and child-centered approach make a measurable difference in preparing children to start and succeed in school.
Read about the difference United Way Bright Beginnings has made in its first two decades.
Highlights of United Way Bright Beginnings’ impact over the last 20 years:
- More than 15,000 children engaged in high-quality early childhood education programs
- 48 center-based programs and 26 home-based programs
- 268 providers have earned a Child Development Associate certification
- Alumni have consistently higher STARR achievement test scores, higher attendance rates, and lower disciplinary rates than their peers
United Way Bright Beginnings Centers & Partners
United Way Bright Beginnings Child Care Centers
- AAMA George I. Sanchez
- Bear Boulevard
- Blossom Heights Child Development Center
- The Bridge Over Troubled Waters: Destiny Village Transitional Living Center
- The Bridge Over Troubled Waters: Emergency Shelter & Childcare
- Chinese Community Center Child Development Center
- Galena Park ISD
- Galena Park PEP Center
- Kids World Learning Center
- Koala Cubs
- Lion Lane – SBISD
- NASA Kids Too
- Peter E. Hyland Child Care Center
- Scribbles Academy
- Star of Hope
- Tiger Trails Lab School – SBISD
- Tiny Toes Academy
- Wildcat Way Child Care, SBISD
- Wisdom High School YMCA
United Way Bright Beginnings Family Home Care Centers
- ABC Home Child Care Center
- Angelitos Child Care
- Betty’s Playhouse
- Catita’s Mini Daycare
- Fals Home Daycare
- Gloria’s Childcare
- Guadalupe Becerril Child Care
- Kitty Daycare Home
- La Casita de Muñecas
- Little Rainbow Child Care
- Marcia Amaya Child Care
- Nelly’s Daycare
- Rainbow Learning Center
- Silvia Rojas Child Care
Other United Way Bright Beginnings Partners
- Brazelton Touchpoints Center
- Collaborative for Children
Interested in becoming a Bright Beginnings Center?
If you are a licensed or registered child care center operating in Harris, Fort Bend, Montgomery, or Waller counties, and are interested in becoming a United Way Bright Beginnings center, please submit your information and you will receive notice when the next application process opens.
Learn more about the impact of Bright Beginnings
Leticia Herrera from ABC Home Child Care, a United Way Bright Beginnings Child Care Center, talks about how Bright Beginnings helps her best serve children and families.
In United Way Bright Beginnings, Laura’s social and emotional skills blossomed, and she built the foundation to be a star student.
Can we help you?Find Resources
Want to help out a neighbor?Give Now
Just dial 211 for free and confidential help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year in many languages.