Revised: 25 October 2022
You have choices about certain information we collect. When you are asked to provide your Personal Information, you may decline to do so; but if you choose not to provide your Personal Information that is necessary for us to provide our services, you may not be able to use those services. To the extent that you provide us Personal Information related to another individual, you warrant that you have the right to provide such Personal Information, and you will be fully responsible for any liability arising for any such use of Personal Information, including indemnifying us from any such liability.
Personal Information We Collect
We may collect Personal Information from and about you from a variety of sources. We strive to only collect Personal Information that is adequate, relevant, and limited to achieve the purpose for which it was collected, and to keep all Personal Information accurate, complete, and reliable for its intended need. We may collect the following types of Personal Information, either directly or indirectly, through our websites, mobile applications, devices, outreach programs, marketing events, or other means to provide you with services, support, and related information:
- Full Name
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Demographic information
- Device identifiers (i.e., mobile device or product identifier)
- Computer usage data (i.e., IP address, operating system)
- Geolocation data, when permitted
- Identification number (i.e., ID or driver’s license number)
- Other relevant information related to your needs and request for services
We may also collect the following types of sensitive Personal Information (“Sensitive Personal Information”), either directly or indirectly, through our websites, mobile applications, devices, outreach programs, marketing events, or other means to provide you with services, support, and related information:
- Financial data
- Health data
How we use your Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information for one or more of the following purposes:
- to respond to your inquiries or requests for services, and to send you information that you request,
- to send you important information regarding our relationship with you or regarding our website, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies, and other administrative information,
- to notify you about upcoming events,
- to communicate with you about, to process, or to recognize, when we have your permission, your donations, and
- for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, recordkeeping, developing new products or services, enhancing our website, improving our services, identifying website usage trends, optimizing your experience on our website, and determining the effectiveness of our fundraising campaigns, and to enable us to comply with laws, regulations, or legal requests, including to enforce this Policy.
If we intend to collect and use Personal Information for another purpose, we may seek your permission at the time the information is collected.
We do not trade or sell your Personal Information. We may share your Personal Information in limited cases, and we request the receiving party to have appropriate security measures in place and prohibit them from using the information for their own purposes or outside of what is necessary to provide the service. These third-party providers are not permitted to retain or use personal information for any purpose unrelated to the intended purpose of sharing. We may share your Personal Information:
- among partner and affiliate organizations for the purposes of promoting and administering our services and programs,
- among affiliates that share infrastructure, systems, and technology to process your Personal Information, as permitted by applicable law, and in accordance with this Policy,
- with third-party service providers as necessary for the operation of our business,
- with third-party research organizations, in a de-identified or anonymized format whenever possible,
- with other third parties when you request us to do so, and
- with public authorities as legally required. Whenever possible, we strive to limit any Personal Information provided to public authorities and to provide Personal Information in an anonymized or de-identified format. However, depending on the individual circumstances of the request, we may determine such disclosure is necessary to protect the interests, safety, or rights of you, other individuals, or UWGH.
We use reasonable and appropriate physical, technical, and organizational security measures to protect your Personal Information.
We only retain Personal Information for so long as it may be relevant for the purposes identified in this Policy unless a longer period of time is required by law.
Your Rights and Choices
Depending on applicable data protection and privacy laws, you may be entitled to a variety of legal rights regarding the collection and processing of your Personal Information. These rights may include, but are not limited to, the right to access, correct, delete, withdraw consent, or restrict processing. You may exercise these rights, to the extent they apply to you, by contacting us as outlined at the end of this Policy by following instructions provided in communications sent to you.
If you receive communications from us that you prefer not to receive, you may opt out from receiving these communications, either by specifically indicating this preference in a communication to us or by selecting an opt-out option. You may also choose to have your name removed from our database. We respect your rights, and we will never discriminate or retaliate against you or the business with which you are associated as a result of you exercising any right outlined in this Policy or afforded to you under applicable law.
In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, we will never knowingly request or solicit personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without verifiable parental consent. If we receive actual knowledge that we have collected such personal information without the requisite and verifiable parental consent, we will delete that information from our database as quickly as is practical.
Third-Party Websites and Services
We may reference or provide links to third-party websites and services, including those of our affiliates, service providers, and third parties with which we partner. When you access these third-party services, you leave our website, and we are not responsible for, and do not control, the content, security, or privacy practices employed by any third-party websites and services. This Policy does not apply to any third-party services; please refer to the privacy notices or policies for such third parties for information about how they collect, use, and process your Personal Information.
Changes to this Policy
How to Contact Us or Submit a Request
If you have a question about this Policy or our privacy practices, or if you wish to exercise any of your rights, you may contact us at any time using the following contact information:
By mail: 50 Waugh Drive, Houston, Texas 77007
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org